About Us

My photo
We are the students and staff of OISE Bristol language school. Some students are here for just a week, others stay for months.

Friday 17 May 2013

Revision without stress - by Jonny Liang


My cousin, like many students, suffers a great deal from stress before examinations. Although he usually tries not to be nervous, he can't help being really stressed out the night before the exams or even classroom tests. One day, he actually passed out in the examination room because he couldn't fall asleep the night before. In fact, I find more and more Chinese students have experienced exam stress so I would like to give some advice to help you.

Timetable
One of the main reasons which makes students feel anxious is that they don't revise the subjects thoroughly before the exams. Making a timetable and keeping to it can be helpful. First, a student should determine to review relevant knowledge before the examination. Then come up with a plan and put it into a timetable. Finally, you should stick to the timetable without delay or abandoning it. If you prepare for the exam according to the timetable, you can finish the revision by the end. Moreover, you would feel more confident or even the pressure could be removed entirely. Of course, it is more likely for you to have a satisfactory performance.

No tea and coffee
In the past, before an exam, sometimes I drank some coffee or tea in order to refresh myself in the day time. However, when I decided to go to bed, I found it hard to fall asleep quickly. If this lasted too long, I felt quite nervous because I was afraid that lack of sleep would have a deleterious effect on my performance. According to my own experience, I strongly recommend not drinking tea or coffee the night before exams or tests.

Encouragement
If you are not confident enough, just try to encourage yourself. At the same time, try to make exclusively positive comments about your achievement. Just remember one thing, you don't need to worry about uncertain things, keeping calm and enjoying examinations are the best ways to fight against challenges.

It's my pleasure to present my opinions and I hope it could help a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment