About Us

My photo
We are the students and staff of OISE Bristol language school. Some students are here for just a week, others stay for months.

Friday 17 May 2013

Stressed out? You can do it! - Shoug's last post


Two years ago, I had a final mathematics exam and I was so confused about it because I was so bad at maths, while studying I was always thinking that I’d fail and everything would be difficult. I cried and told my mother that I wouldn't go to the exam. Anyway, what I did to get rid of this tension was to just sit in a quiet place saying to myself that failing an exam wouldn't be the end of the world and a lot of my friends were bad at maths but they tried their best; that really gave me confidence that I could do it and be better than the others. Trying and not being afraid has always been and still is a solution to achieve what you think might be too difficult for you. Fortunately, I finished the exam and I passed!

If you have a similar problem I feel your pain, so here are some practical tips to be prepared for any exam. First of all, it'll be really good if you avoid studying in an area where there will be distractions, so try to find a quiet place. Secondly, set out a timetable for your subject and break down each subject into small parts, that will reduce anxiety. Also try to stick to your timetable which will help you to finish studying all the subjects on time. An important tip is, while studying don't only read, but write down what's relevant, because writing will help you to remember the information and never forget it during the exam.

For sure dealing with stress is another problem for many students, not only me. So what can we do to avoid being stressed out? In my opinion, having enough sleep is the most important thing. Also it's good if you break up your study time, because studying for a long time won't help you to remember all the information and you'll get bored quickly. For those who are addicted to chocolate, medical research has shown that eating dark chocolate will give you energy, let you concentrate more and it's healthy too. The most important thing is always think positively instead of being negative during your study and remember that you can do it no matter how difficult the exam is.

To sum up, it's normal that all students have that feeling of being stressed and confused while studying, so you should always be relaxed. Failing in exams will always the right thing which helps you to learn from your mistakes. So my advice to you is try doing the above & I am sure that it'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment