About Us

My photo
We are the students and staff of OISE Bristol language school. Some students are here for just a week, others stay for months.

Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year everyone!









How did you ring in the New Year? Have you thought up any resolutions for 2013? Have you already broken them?    :  )













Here are the most popular New Year’s resolutions for 2013:

1. Save more money – 31%

2. Get out of debt – 22%

3. Get fit/lose weight – 18%

4. Change job/career – 16%

5. Quit smoking – 13%

6. Give up alcohol – 11%

7. Spend less time working – 9%

8. Spend more time with family/friends – 7%

9. Give up chocolate – 6%

10.  Move house – 2%

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/01/03/the-most-popular-new-years-resolutions-for-2013/


By the way, if you missed the big countdown, follow this link:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2012/dec/31/new-years-eve-countdown-2013

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to lose weight and stop smoking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to shed a few kilos too, Adel. How are you going to do it?

      Jo

      Delete
  2. Happy new year every one !!!
    This wa my first New Year's Eve in the UK!
    I celebrated it my host family. We went to their friends's home. I was very curious to see how English people say goodbye to the old year and welcome the new one. I have not found many differences from the way we do it in my country (Italy). We had a few drinks, we danced and at midnight we went out to watch the fireworks.I reckon I would have done the same thongs had I spent New Years's Eve in Italy. The only big difference was that I was surrounded by people speaking a foreign language !!!!
    I had a great time! Happy new year again !!
    dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2013 to you too, Donatella. I'm so glad you were able to see in the new year with a bang!

      Did you eat lentils on New Year's Day as well?!

      Jo

      Delete
  3. Happy new year! I've already thought up my resolutions,sometimes my resolutions and statistics suffer :) Anyway, I have two resoluyions, first one is to continue training. Because above all, it's good for my health. Next is certainly to improve my English skill. Last one day more, my English skill improved just little bit, I think. When I go back to Japan, I intend to continue studying English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year 2013 to you also. Hope, this new year will bring all the joys and happiness in your life.
    Regards
    Agrodut Mandal
    Essay Writing UK

    ReplyDelete